loveisallweneed
biography
nadyne shu
loves God, her husband, family and friends
twenty-nine march nineteen-eighty-four
reads
hoi theresa tif zoe jadey janice karencheng kennysia cowboycaleb sixpegs joannepeh cruzteng heislove ashlala leilockheart

verse of the day



7 reasons why I'm so blessed and loved
Monday, October 25, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

2 weeks of holidays flew past just like this. I know I was very thankful everyday for the love I received from family and friends and the quality spent with every one.

As Eug said the only thing I do is "MSN, Facebook, upload photos and blog" :D I shall write up something of my awesome 2 week back home.

First, it was meant to be a surprise for my family. It was intended to be for my mum-in-law too but things took a slight turn so she was kept in the loop of my return :P

and so you would've read in my previous post that the surprise was a huge success! I can genuinely feel my parents really happy that I'm home.

I met up with my close group of friends (which i realised there are alot! thank God for all these great pals :))) and spent alot of time with both of my family. It really made me appreciate all the things they have done (taking their time off to bring me around to eat and giving me real gourmet treats!) and I'm really very very blessed! :D

The highlights of my trip:

1. I love my family!!!


Part of my surprise worked beautifully was because I skyped with mum and dad every week and I managed to find out what they had planned to do during the 2 weeks I'm back!

So knowing that Mum took leave for her birthday, I planned my time to go shopping with her (which I know she misses), booked a nice birthday dinner at Shangri-La (thanks to bestie!) and a weekend stayover at Marina Bay Sands (thanks to Chewie!).

I went to Sunday service with mum-in-law and kevin & ser (can I say Ps Prince is awesome??!) and knowing that I missed durians so much, they bought me Mao Shan Wang to satiate my taste buds! I literally gulped down the flesh and almost wanted to swallow the seeds! HAHA

Had yum-cha twice with MIL too and I know she enjoys my company and dotes on me alot. I am veryv blessed to have such a generous and loving MIL :)))

I love my family!!

2. I love my SN Sistas!


What can I say? They're the bunch of girlfriends that I knew the longest and despite some of us being away overseas at different points in our lives, we always make an effort to catch up with one another. These are really the friends for life :)))))

3. I love my pals!


During my 2 weeks stay, I, :
- Met up with XP for PS Cafe truffle fries before she flew off to China for work
- Met up with hOi and B and had dinner with Andrea (Mellben crabs!)
- Juice and baby talk with Huimin at Starbucks
- Attended Yvonne's wedding and caught up with the Pw gang
- 4-hour chat/drink session with Eug's bestman, Shawn
- All day food hunting with Sin and dinner with NTU gang
- Had lunch with Geok at her work place
- Breakfast with cousin Tiffy

WOOHOO! i'm so happy I get to meet everyone! But there's still a couple I didn't get to meet due to their work schedule. but I'm more than thankful already :)))))

4. 20th Friendship anniversary with Bestie!

it's the 20th year since we knew each other (back in prep sch when were 6 yrs old!) so we decided to set a date to commemorate this special event in our lives and 20.10.2010 is the most apt! (lots of couples get married this day too :P)

so we had a sleepover at bestie's place, and transformed to 16 years old students the next day and went out to Orchard like some students playing truant! HAH! oops :P nobody caught us but we did get occasional stares from 'fellow students' but who cares! :P

We had brunch at Wild Honey (most ex brunch ever! but nice :P) and went to take silly photos at Kinokuniya (acting studious) and met our sec school chinese teacher! What are the odds to find someone from St. Nicks that day? Heh :P

and I suggested to take neoprints too! We can't even remember where to find those machines and had to call up for help! Turns out the ones at Heeren were closed and we managed to find it at Cineleisure for $12! Geez! But we had great fun!! it was so stressful trying to decorate our neoprints within the set time but it was really hilarious! :P


ta-daaa~~ our souvenir for the day :P

5. stuffed myself silly!!


I still salivate when i see the pictures of these food!!

From top left: Truffle Fries from PS Cafe @ Palais Renaissance, Coffee @Papa Palheta, (3 pics from top row) Tonkotsu ramen & side dishes from Ippudo @ Mandarin Gallery, Mixed berries pancakes @ Food For Thought Queen St, Mao Shan Wang ice cream @ Udders Bt Timah, Cheese steak sliders @ Over Easy One Fullerton

From bottom left: Tunisian breakfast @ Wild Honey, Sweet desserts @ Honeymoon Dessert 313 Somerset, Mao Shan Wang durian @ random stall at Clementi and Baked eggs @ Hatched Evans Lodge

of course, there are the normal hawker food I missed so much such as chwee kway, chee cheong fun, prata, mee chiang kueh, goreng pisang, tau huey, vegeterian beehoon and many more!!!

6. my furry friends!

I missed Kenji so much!! boy has he grown!!! Still one big cuddly doggie and all I had to do was to rub his tummy and he likes me already! :P Pls don't forget me!!!

I met up with Sin's new puppy Colby too, a very handsome 5 month old schnauzer. He was very friendly and playful but is still learning how to listen to commands.

I'm still wondering when I had curbed my fears of dogs. I still remember being chased after by a maltese when I was in primary school and didn't dare to go near to dogs.

I guess I'm a dog lover now! Heh :P can't wait to have our own too :P

Oh did u know there's a new breed called Groodles? Golden retriever crossed with Poodle! Ahh love it already!! :P

7. baby of the year - Le Xi!


Can i just say she's the most adorable baby ever!!! (ok my future kids will be the CUTEST :P hahaha!)

I'm so proud of Hoi for delivering B in 1hour and really inspired me to be a great mum next time. She breastfeeds her up to 6 times a day, bathe her, cuddles her, changes her diapers and did this with very little help.

and i'm sure she's very proud of herself too, for carrying B in her womb for 10months and finally holding a little baby in her arms. I can really feel all the bliss and happiness as a new mum. Jiayou hoi!!! muacks!


I'm really thankful for this trip home which God made it possible in every way: promo SQ airtix, all the love from family and friends, spending below budget even thought I bought 15 pieces of clothing (!!) and being able to sleep for almost 4 hours because there were empty seats beside me. Praise God! :)))))))

now it's less than 2 months to end of 2010 and Christmas, my favourite holiday :))))

Good luck everyone and let's make the remaining 2010 a fantastic one!

Cheers! ;)

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

loves
Credits: Layout; Icons; Color codes
Best viewed with Firefox/Chrome